Your Privacy Is Important
- Information collected from you offline or through other means.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Websites?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. You also may be asked to enter your credit card information for the purposes of a transaction.
We collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide Directly or Allow Us to Access: We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site. Because our apps run on mobile devices, you can also choose to share your location data.
- Passive Collection of Information. We may collect information about your visits to our Websites without you actively submitting such information. This information can make your use of our Websites easier and more meaningful by allowing us to provide better service or user experience, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve our Websites. As discussed below, such information may also be collected by our advertising vendors and other partners. Here are some of the types of information collected when visiting our Websites:
- Log data. When you use our Websites, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Websites or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used our Websites, and cookie data.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled that may affect your experience or that make your site experience less efficient. Also some of our services will not function properly. However, you may still be able to place orders.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using to access the Websites on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android device. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- And in any other ways specified by us at the time your information is collected.
In addition, some of our applications and mobile-optimized sites may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may collect and use location data provided by your mobile device if your device provides it. For example, we may offer shopping features that allow you to get information about local distributors. Location information will be collected to deliver the requested feature. By using such applications, you consent to the collection and use of your mobile device location data for purposes of delivering these location-based features.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We also use regular Malware Scanning.
Additionally, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include Website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on or linked to our Websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
Remarketing with Google AdSense
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
How do you opt out of Google Advertisements?
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or Google or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How do you get Exteria to change your personal information?
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account and changing the information
How does our Website handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do periodically conduct retargeting procedures which utilizes data captured during a visit to the Website to select and provide advertisements to visitors we believe would be interested in returning to the Website or receiving more information about the products and services that we offer.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (we define “children” as minors younger than 13) on our Websites. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified herein, and we will work with you to address this issue.
CAN SPAM Act
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.